New EAP Build (PB 75 expires May 1st)?

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: New EAP Build (PB 75 expires May 1st)?

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We will work on website today, there are several missing information. Will also look at features compare table.

AS 3.0 is final version, it will never expire. But purchase system is not finished - it will be ready next month, from 5/1/2014. During April it is possible to use AS 2.0 and AS 2.5 registration keys with AS 3.0. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
rollhigh

Post by rollhigh »

HI Jan

Thanks for the update! :)

any word of when Unicode support will be integrated into AS?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We plan to release AS 3.1 with UAC support and x64 build of Eroiica Viewer. Then we would like to work on Unicode support - we are missing it too.
omega

Post by omega »

Jan Rysavy wrote:We plan to release AS 3.1 with UAC support and x64 build of Eroiica Viewer. Then we would like to work on Unicode support - we are missing it too.
Jan, is it quite complex implementing these 2 features and how many estimated months of development is needed? I have been missing Unicode for years already.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We hope UAC support and x64 EV will not be so hard to implement and we will be able to bring it relatively soon as minor 3.x upgrade. Unfortunately we are often too optimistic and reality is more complicated :(
akr2008@ukr.net

Post by akr2008@ukr.net »

Good day, collegs!
Jan, there is no need to thank you for such a wonderful product as Altap Salamander. It`s really fine! :oops:
I've been using your product since version 1.52! But I`ve few question:
- When me can see the update version 3 in 32/64 release mode? Now is - 02/04/14!
Thank You.
A. Chuprina
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

rollhigh

Post by rollhigh »

Hi Jan

there still seems to be an issue with long file name support when doing a file search from within Altap Salamander.

do you know if there is an ETA on the fix for this?

Thanks,

love the product, I have for many years! :)
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

rollhigh wrote:Hi Jan

there still seems to be an issue with long file name support when doing a file search from within Altap Salamander.

do you know if there is an ETA on the fix for this?

Thanks,

love the product, I have for many years! :)
Could you please post more details about this problem? Please create a new topic (or bump the old one) in Problems and Troubleshooting section. Thanks.