French Translation of Altap Salamander

Place to discuss language translations of Altap Salamander and plugins. We welcome any suggestions or reviews that will help to improve existing translations.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss language translations in your native language.
Please let us know about offensive, spam, or other posts breaking forum rules.
ADB
Translator
Translator

French Translation of Altap Salamander

Post by ADB »

Contact, Infos and cross-thinking for French translators. I suppose it may be allowed to write in French :)
Arnaud Dupin de Beyssat
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: French Translation of Altap Salamander

Post by Jan Rysavy »

^^^ Feel free to discuss language translations in your native language. :D
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

We have just received Salamander and TAR translated to French from G.G. Many thanks to G.G.! All other plugins need to be translated, if anyone would like to help with it, we would be very glad.
ADB
Translator
Translator

Post by ADB »

Hi
Which plugin have to be translated first?
I could do some work.
ADB
Arnaud Dupin de Beyssat
ADB
Translator
Translator

Post by ADB »

Hello everybody
I had some time to further translate new modules:
peviewer, ieviewer, automation
I intend to continue...
Best regards
Arnaud Dupin de Beyssat
bromatofiel
Translator
Translator

Post by bromatofiel »

Hello,

I have some suggestions regarding the french translation of the error message displayed when the register is corrupted.

"Impossible de chargée la configuration enregistrée dans le registre car elle est altérée" -> "Impossible de charger la configuration enregistrée dans le registre car elle a été altérée"
"Altap Salamander a été sans doute interrompu aucurs de la sauvegarde de cette configuration" -> "Altap Salamander a sans doute été interrompu durant la sauvegarde de cette configuration"
"avant l'arrêt du système lui-même" -> "avant de demander l'arrêt du système"
"Ultérieurement, il sera loisible de récupérer" -> "Ultérieurement, il sera possible de récupérer"

Thanks for the good work !

Regards,
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Thanks! ADB has corrected it in French language file.

We are still searching translators for French version, if you can help, we will be very glad.
Maxime
Translator
Translator

Post by Maxime »

Hello,

As I said on this previous old topic: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=691
I can help with the French translation (starting with the first window I had, the WinSCP evaluation warning).
I downloaded the latest Altap Translator.

But I have a question: how will you manage concurrent translations?
I mean, if I translate or correct some strings, send the atp file back to you, while Arnaud (or any other translator) is doing the same, how could you merge our efforts?
I suppose you don't have some common source repository like SVN, and it would be complicated to use such a tool as the slg files are binary stuff...

I don't really want to interfere with other translators' work and I will participate only if I'm sure that I'll not have to worry about that point.

Thanks for your answer.
Maxime
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

At first, please wait for Altap Translator for 3.0 beta 1, we have not released it yet, sorry for delay, but we were working on SDK for 3.0 beta 1. We will release it today.

Team translation: please try to split the work, send your suggestions (which modules you want to translate) to this forum or directly to ADB email. Each translator should translate his own modules to prevent collisions.

The result of translation is .slt file (see readme.txt in Altap Translator package for details). It is UTF8 text file, so it is no problem to see your differences against ADB version of this file e.g. in File Comparator plugin. If you want to correct something, you should contact ADB to consult it with him. We cannot judge what variant is better, unfortunatelly we don't know French language. ;-)

When you send me .slt files, I'll place them on our internal Hg repository, so all versions are available if someone wants to compare them, etc.

Please follow these steps and I'll send you temporary registration keys for translators which unlock trial version:
http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4067

Thanks for helping us with Salamander!
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Altap Translator for 3.0 beta 1 is ready to download:
http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6182
bromatofiel
Translator
Translator

Post by bromatofiel »

Hello,

I'm trying the Altap Translator 1.20 and it seems quite powerfull. As a software developper myself, I'm impressed !

I started with the FTP plugin translation, and there still are some details I'd like to know. As some other languages, French translation is quite often longer than English sentences. And it seems that the text area is locked to the size of the original English sentences. Is that correct ? Can I "manually" set the appropriate size ? And if not, how is German translation even possible ! ;)

Otherwise, there are lots of translations to do in a single plugin. Do you need that we do all the work in one strike, or is it better to send you the begining so other translaters may continue ?

Thank you for your answers.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Thanks! I think Altap Translator is really powerful utility. We are still improving it, mainly its validations (text clipping, hotkeys conflicts, slightly misaligned controls in dialog, etc.). Also dialog layout editor is more powerful then MSVC one. ;-) We also use it to import all translations to newer versions automatically. I think you will easily learn to use it if you want to.

But first please follow steps in this post: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4067

You can make controls in dialogs wider in dialog layout editor, see readme.txt in Altap Translator folder.

If you don't want to bother with dialogs layout editing, I can do it when you send me translated module (in .slt file, see readme.txt). Try to translate whole module, I think that if someone elso wants to help, he or she can choose another module, so there is no chance for any collision between translators.
bromatofiel
Translator
Translator

Post by bromatofiel »

Starting french translation of plugin renamer.atp
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I have received translated Renamer plugin yesterday. Thanks to Bromatofiel!
ADB
Translator
Translator

Post by ADB »

Je vais m'occuper de Zip.atp
I will work on zip.atp for now
Arnaud
Arnaud Dupin de Beyssat