Translator: problem with selecting controls in layout editor

Place to discuss language translations of Altap Salamander and plugins. We welcome any suggestions or reviews that will help to improve existing translations.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss language translations in your native language.
Please let us know about offensive, spam, or other posts breaking forum rules.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Translator: problem with selecting controls in layout editor

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Split from http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3959
superBK wrote:The problem with the lay-out was if i use the mouse to select a button or textfield it will move far away autmatically. But if i click on undo in the menu the selected object will return back to its position and maintains selected, so by selecting multiple objects i need to cick on undo for every object. And i can only use the keyboard to move and make the objects longer. Don't know why this is happening.
It is really strange. There is "dead zone" implemented when you left-click control. It will not move until you move your mouse for more than 4-5 pixels. The exact count of pixels comes from your Windows settings: GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXDRAG). What about Altap Salamander and drag&drop in panel? Does it also start immediately when you left-click the file name? What about drag&drop in Windows Explorer window?
Note: It is possible to adjust this value using Microsoft Tweak UI utility. See the screenshot with the mouse page: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/51 ... 54309.html for "Mouse sensitivity > Drag".

Regarding control resizing: select it and press the Shift+Left (Right) arrow to change the control width. This way you can resize all selected controls really fast. Does it work for you?
superBK
Translator
Translator

Re: Dutch version of Altap Salamander

Post by superBK »

This doesn't happen with Salamander or in Win Explorer, only in the lay-out editor. Adjusting the sizes of the buttons/textfields is working fine with the left shift + arrow keys.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

So you just left-click some unselected control (in Altap Translator Layout Editor), do not move the mouse, and the control is moved immediately?
What Windows version do you use?

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?
superBK
Translator
Translator

Post by superBK »

Exactly, i'm using win xp home edition with sp2
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I don't get it, it works fine for me in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP (just tested). We will need to wait for others to confirm this problem :?
Emphyrio
Translator
Translator

Re: Translator: problem with selecting controls in layout ed

Post by Emphyrio »

I can't confirm, it's working fine for me (Win7).
superBK
Translator
Translator

Post by superBK »

I think it's not a common problem since i'm the only one experiencing this behavior. The amount of lay-out for me to change is not that much and it doesn't take too long to make the changes.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

OK, if there will be other users with the same problem, we can spend more time and try to find some solution.
We can prepare special debug build of Altap Translator and try to find out what happens.