INFO: PictView plugin: German version available for download

Place to discuss language translations of Altap Salamander and plugins. We welcome any suggestions or reviews that will help to improve existing translations.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss language translations in your native language.
Please let us know about offensive, spam, or other posts breaking forum rules.

What do you think about the German translation of PictView?

Poll ended at 02 Feb 2006, 10:04

Excellent, one of the best translations I have ever seen
No votes
Very good
60%
Average, only minor changes may be needed
No votes
Inconsistent translations, strange terms not normally used
No votes
I am native German speaker but I prefer English programs
40%

Total votes: 5

Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

PictView plugin vs. freeware PictView

Post by Jan Patera »

bback wrote:Ok, this explains it to me :) I was not aware that there is more functionality.
Is the difference listed somewhere? Nevertheless, nice plugin, I don't wanted to offend you!
OK ;-)
A quickly made list, certainly incomplete: support of additional 10-15 formats, EXIF info from digital camera pictures, screen capture, conversion (i.e. save as), cropping, rotating, mirroring, printing, thumbnail view (in Salamander panel), and definitely much more user-friendly interface.
The primary problem (although unintentional) is that the old freeware version has not been updated more or less since the integration with Salamander started.
bback

Post by bback »

Sounds nice, I will have a closer look into it... a red eye removal function would make it perfect for my daily use ;)
Code-Breaker

Post by Code-Breaker »

A few features that would make PictView very useful to me:

- Resize.
- Sharpen
- Tighter integration within Salamander. How about a context menu to perform rotations, sharpens, and other types of edits in-place (without opening the viewer) on one or many selected files. The menu could be activated by a ctrl-right-click.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please use the Feature Requests section for your ideas and feature requests. Thank you.