salexten.dll

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Why would anyone want to uninstall AS?

Post by Jan Rysavy »

hrc wrote:On my PC's it stays once installed!
You have still installed this shell extension in your TEMP directory? Are you using Altap Salamander 2.51?
jis

Re: salexten.dll

Post by jis »

jis wrote:
SvA wrote:I'd prefere however, when Salamander installed this Shell extension officially with the initial install to the directory provided for this purpose by Microsoft (%SYSTEMROOT%\ShellExt) or to a folder determined by the user. Of course with the option of not installing it at all.
Just curious, on my machine with Windows XP installed 2.2.2002 is %SYSTEMROOT%\ShellExt still empty and never used. Maybe it is the right directory provided for this purpose by Microsoft, but it seems to me that nobody use it.
By accident I encounter first program which use %SYSTEMROOT%\ShellExt folder: http://home.worldonline.dk/ninotech/freeutil.htm
It is called Ninotech Date Edit 4.0 and it is a shell extension for Windows that enables you to change the date and time (the timestamp) of your files.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShellExt\DateEd32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShellExt\DateEdit.hlp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShellExt\DateEdit.inf
Altap Salamander fan since 1998