Automation plugin with JScript

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Brett

Automation plugin with JScript

Post by Brett »

Running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 with Salamander 3.05 x64

Following on from the topic http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75, I decided to look into the Automation plugin and, unlike the screen shot in the referenced topic, I find that only the vbs scripts are available from the plugin menu. The js scripts, although present, are ignored completely. When I highlight one of the supplied js scripts the menu option "Run Focused Script" is disabled but is available for vbs.

I can use cscript/wscript to manually run the js script up to the point (obviously) where it requires Salamander so it is not as if I am missing some JScript component.

Any ideas on what might be wrong ?

Cheers,
Brett
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Automation plugin with JScript

Post by manison »

Try to re-register the JScript engine.

From the elevated command prompt execute:

Code: Select all

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\jscript.dll
If on 64b Windows execute also the following:

Code: Select all

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\jscript.dll
Brett

Post by Brett »

Thanks Madison.

Neither of those commands worked for me but it did put me on the right track. From Salamander I opened the scripts folder and double-clicked on of the js files. Windows then prompted me as to which program I wanted to use to execute the file and, once I selected the Script Host, I could see the scripts listed in the Automation plugin menu.

Cheers,
Brett
Ether

Post by Ether »

Thanks, Brett. This solved my missing JS scripts. The cause was probably the installation of Visual Studio, which associates with .js files.

I think this (both regsvr and association issues) is worth mentioning somewhere prominent, like in a sticky topic on the forum.
Ελληνικά rulez.
ttaerui

Post by ttaerui »

when you highlight a js script, the menu option "Run Focused Script" is disabled, whereas it is available for vbs.

To troubleshoot this issue, here are a few suggestions:

Ensure that the JavaScript (.js) files are placed in the correct location and have the necessary permissions. Double-check that the files are in the designated folder for the plugin and that they are not blocked by any security settings.

Verify that you have the appropriate version of JScript installed on your system. Confirm that the required JScript component is up to date and compatible with Salamander 3.05 x64. You may need to reinstall or update JScript if it's found to be outdated or incompatible.

Try restarting Salamander and your computer. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches or conflicts.

Contact the support or community forum for Salamander. Since this issue seems to be related to a specific software and plugin, reaching out to the official support channels or the user community can provide you with more specific guidance and solutions. They may have encountered similar problems and can offer insights or workarounds.