3.05 upgrade and Eroica viewer

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Rainer

3.05 upgrade and Eroica viewer

Post by Rainer »

Hi Jan, I have both PictView-Plugin (licensed) and the Eroica plugin installed.
Could you enlighten me what exactly will happen when Eroica-Viewer will no longer be installed?

What's going to happen in Salamander 3.05 ff. when pressing F3 - as I was used to do for decades?
Which file formats will no longer be accessible?

parallax69software.com is down.

Thanks a lot.

Rainer
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: 3.05 upgrade and Eroica viewer

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Dear Rainer,

Unfortunately we cannot ship Eroiica Viewer with Altap Salamander anymore. From AS 3.05 changelog :

Eroiica Viewer plugin is removed and will no longer be part of Altap Salamander. We are sorry for inconvenience, unfortunately the underlying rendering engine cannot be licensed anymore. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you know any suitable rendering engine that can be bundled with Altap Salamander, please contact us on support@altap.cz. Thank you.

Following file extensions were handled (F3 hotkey) by Eroiica Viewer plugin:
bla,ckd,doc,docx,dot,emf,eps,cgm,dg,dgn,drw,dsi,dwf,dwg,dxf,gbr,gbx,grb,hpgl,igs,pps,ppt,pct,pict,plt,prt,pdf,ps,
rdl,ris,rtf,rtl,shp,sldasm,slddrw,sldprt,vsd,pptx,xlsx,odp,odt,ods,sxw,sxi,sxc,sxd,stw,shx,wmf,wp,wpd,wpf,wri,xls,xlt
ollixx77

Post by ollixx77 »

Very sad :-(
I'm missing especially the F3-quickview for PDF-files.
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

I can't say those are sad news - Eroiica viewer still had not even started to support 2007 Office files, and it used to display most PDF and XPS files in a wrong way.
I recommend using ULister for *.docx and more than 500 (!) other file formats, and SLister for *.pdf, *.xps and *.djvu - they are much better than Eroiica, and they work fine with x64 version of Salamander (via tcproxy plugin, of course).
ollixx77

Post by ollixx77 »

Very good. I installed the uLister. It shows PDF-files quite fast.
Could you please post your list of extensions you’ve associated with the plugin?
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

Well, I prefer Slister for viewing PDF files - it is somewhat better as it is based on SumatraPDF. It is configured to show *.pdf;*.xps;*.djvu;*.djv;*.epub;*.epu for me.
As for Ulister - as I said there are 500 formats it can show, that's too much to list here :) I think I just edited Salamander to show everything that used to belong to Eroiica with Ulister (minus *.pdf - and plus *.docx;*.pptx;*.xlsx) - but you can add more it you need.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Hi Yuri,
I have installed ulister (4.0.0) via tcproxy (x86) in Salamander 3.04 (32 bit) and associated, for a test, pdf, doc and txt.

But I keep receiving the following error message, although the plugin is tested o.k.:

"Outside ln dlls not found in plugin dir. See readme.txt, install section."

Which dlls is the message refering to? Any help?

Thanks.
Rainer
SvA

Post by SvA »

Did you install Outside In Viewer Technology? (See ULister's readme.txt)
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Yes, I had downloaded the 32bit version of Oracle Viewer Tech . 8.5.1 and copied the generated \redist - directory to Salamander plugins as a new directory.
Same error as mentioned before.
What am I missing? Any ini or inf to configure?
SvA

Post by SvA »

The redist folder needs to be in the same folder as ulister.wlx and tcproxy.spl
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Got it. The contents of the \redist folder (not the folder itself) needs to be in \tcproxy + ulister.wlx.
Many thanks.
Rainer
SvA

Post by SvA »

Well, for me it actually looks like this:
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg (26.21 KiB) Viewed 23561 times
And this is a working installation on Win7 x64 with AS 2.54 (x86).
The redist folder is directly copied over from the downloaded .zip, so it contains the actual files, no more subfolders.

If it did not work for you this way, there might have been an access problem. But I'm glad you figured out a way to make it work for you.
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

Yes, I also have the \redist folder (and not its contents) in the plugin directory with tcproxy.spl and ulister.wlx64.
It is strange that it did not work the default way.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

You are right. I removed the contents of \redist and recopied the folder itself.
Don't know why it didn't work in the first place, but now it did.
Thanks again.
dbeko

Post by dbeko »

I have installed the uList 4 plugin from TotalCommander and it's not working properly. I do have the "redist" folder from Oracle in the plugins folder; should it be in the uList folder or in the plugins folder itself? I have it in both and the plugin doesn't work. Running 3.05 x64. Thanks.