Defaulting to Administrator on startup

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
dmonder

Defaulting to Administrator on startup

Post by dmonder »

I have Salamander installed on two Windows 7 machines. There are both running Enterprise SP1, though one is 64-bit (Machine A) and the other 32-bit (Machine B). Machine A is a laptop while Machine B is a virtual machine. When I run Salamander from Machine B, it automatically runs as administrator. I can find no settings configuring it that way. The shortcut is not set to run as administrator. They are using the same configuration (I exported the configuration from Machine A and imported it on Machine B).

Any idea how to get Machine B to start as a regular user instead of administrator?

David
SvA

Re: Defaulting to Administrator on startup

Post by SvA »

Salamander does not provide any option to run "as Administrator", so, you should look at system settings and at the links you use to start Salamander.

By the way, what do you refer to when you say "as ddministrator"? Is it the same user with elevated privileges or is is a different user, with or without elevated privileges?

Is UAC turned on on both machines?

What version an bit-depth of Salamander are you running on each machine?
therube

Post by therube »

> Machine B is a virtual machine

Which VM ?
Do other programs running under the VM also automatically run "as Admin"?
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
dmonder

Post by dmonder »

When I mentioned administrator, it is running as me with elevated rights and displays "(Administrator)" in the title bar.

SvA, you asked "What version an bit-depth of Salamander are you running on each machine?" I do not know exactly what you mean by that. If you mean am I running 32-bit or 64-bit salamander, I am running 32-bit on both, though on Machine A, the 64-bit is installed as well.

I have checked the link used to open salamander and run as administrator is not selected. the UAC settings were different between the two machines. I have configured Machine B to the same value as Machine A and rebooted Machine B. Now running salamander does not run as an administrator. Not sure why this is, but it works. Thanks for the help!

David
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

You can force run any exe file as admin with Troubleshoot compatibility wizard (right click menu on exe). There is option to get higer rights. Maybe you set it with it? Check it.
rights.JPG
rights.JPG (35.23 KiB) Viewed 6850 times