Configuration .reg filles don't work on x.x1 updates?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
rslaufer

Configuration .reg filles don't work on x.x1 updates?

Post by rslaufer »

Hello,

I have a configuration file that I have used and reused with all versions of Salamander 2.x , but in 3.02 it doesn't use my 3.01 file settings. I either have to manually re-configure, or change my old 3.01 registry keys to be defined as 3.02 registry keys.

Isn't there a simpler way? Do you have to hardcode your registry settings to be different for EVERY *.*x update?

Roy S. Laufer
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Configuration .reg filles don't work on x.x1 updates?

Post by Jan Rysavy »

When a new version of Altap Salamander is started, it will look for old configurations and let you choose which should be imported.

You can test it by renaming "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Altap Salamander 3.02" key and starting Altap Salamander 3.02.

I don't think we changed this from 2.x version.
rslaufer

Post by rslaufer »

Strange, I never had to change anything in the .reg file in previous versions?????

-RSL-
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

You should not change anything in the reg file exported from previous version of Salamander. Just import it into registry and start a new version of Salamander. Dialog box will be displayed where you can choose which configuration should be imported. It is possible to remove or rename current configuration (see my previous post) to force Salamander ask again.