File extracted from DMG archive is corrupted

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
crystalidea

File extracted from DMG archive is corrupted

Post by crystalidea »

Hello!

What you need to reproduce

1. DMG file: http://9to5mac.com/community/mac-os-10- ... load-mega/ (torrent link is also provided)
MD5: 31ABADB83B3943E3DE88ECBF5B2F1514

2. Try extracting '\Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview.app\Contents\SharedSupport\InstallESD.dmg' file the DMG using Altap Salamander. See that half of the extracted file is filled with zeros

3. You can use 7zip to extract the file correctly
Ether

Re: File extracted from DMG archive is corrupted

Post by Ether »

I can confirm. InstallESD.dmg extracted by Salamander seems to be all NUL's starting from 0x2f3ff000. The same file extracted by 7-Zip doesn't have this problem.

Note: The dmg I downloaded has MD5 of FAA8139346873F87CA9C73C52E49E9B5, but I encountered no error during unpacking.

Inception note: OS X Yosemite 10.10 DP1.dmg (a DMG) contains InstallESD.dmg (a XAR), which contains another InstallESD.dmg (this time a DMG), that contains several pkg files (XARs), each of which contains a Payload file (that seems to be a pkg-util archive), which I can't unpack.
Ελληνικά rulez.
crystalidea

Post by crystalidea »

Ether, thanks for confirming!
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Thank you, we will look at this problem.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

Ether wrote:I can confirm. InstallESD.dmg extracted by Salamander seems to be all NUL's starting from 0x2f3ff000.
Indeed, there was a problem with extracting files over 4GB from HFS+ (ISO/DMG) images. The extracted file content was clipped to modulo 4GB, leaving the rest filled with (default) zeros.
Fixed for the next release of AS.