RC1 seems less stabile than previous beta versions!!

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
zxspectrum

RC1 seems less stabile than previous beta versions!!

Post by zxspectrum »

Hi,i have the following problem since i have installed rc1:from time to time,randomly i think,when i press [ENTER] on an .zip file, instead of entering that archive, salamander does nothing!!So,i just exit salamander,and start it again,then i press [ENTER] on that archive and it behaves normally (enters the archive!).Also, i've noticed the same behaviour on a few .iso,i couldn't enter the .iso till i've exit the salamander and started it again! Is this normal? i think not since i didn't noticed this in the previous versions!!.Pls if someone is in the same situation,say something here so that Altap Staff could check the problem.
Ohhhh,and another thing,what is that when i open a DVD iso image i get 2 directories iso and udf with the same contents,i think i only should see the contents like in previous versions.

Thx,Bye
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please post the MD5 of your salamand.exe (Plugins > Checksum > Calculate).

Report one problem per one thread and use appropriate subject ("less stable" is nonsense in your case). Thank you.
omega

Post by omega »

Jan i did notice the behaviour described by zxspectrum about the zip files in beta 10. Can't reproduce this, it happened few times randomly. When i double click or press enter nothing happens. If i exit and restart SS the problem is gone. Is it possible to find out anything about this with MD5 check? I mean it's not a crash or anything and everything seems to be working.

With Beta 11 i hardly noticed this behaviour, it's quite strange.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

It is possible to check if you have modified SALAMAND.EXE -- compare MD5 hash value with the original one.
Mem

Post by Mem »

omega wrote:Jan i did notice the behaviour described by zxspectrum about the zip files in beta 10.
Me either, and I also noticed it in older SS 2.54. My tip is it's related to ZIP plugin
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Mem wrote:
omega wrote:Jan i did notice the behaviour described by zxspectrum about the zip files in beta 10.
Me either, and I also noticed it in older SS 2.54. My tip is it's related to ZIP plugin
Could you still reproduce this problem in 2.5 RC1?
Please post the MD5 checksum of SALAMAND.EXE.
zxspectrum

Confirmation on this issue

Post by zxspectrum »

Hi Jan,you know,the thing that you have had in mind when you asked for md5? ;)
It turns out, that was the problem indeed,i could not believe it at start but i am convinced now.
you could consider this issue closed.
Sorry for the "less stabile" thing

Thx anyway,bye