Deletion not shown immediately.

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
cyb

Deletion not shown immediately.

Post by cyb »

When I delete the file or folder it does not show immediately. It looks like the file and folder is still there, but in reality it's actually deleted. I have to change the folder (go up for example) and go back to see the deletion. Any clues?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Deletion not shown immediately.

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please let us know more about your Windows version, Altap Salamander version, about your disk (local HDD, SSD, local network, VPN, flash, ...) where you can reproduce this problem.
cyb

Post by cyb »

Windows 7 with all latest patches. Altap 3.0 (x64). Same behavior on all types of drives. I have two internal drives one SSD and one HDD, and multiple network drives connected.
I must say this may be connected (I know if sounds weird) to the fact that I'm using two display port monitors now. It started right after I installed them few days ago.
And all versions are affected including 2.54 and 3 beta. I installed the latest nVidia drivers, but it did not helped.
When I open Citrix session everything works fine.

Dell M6700 with Quadro 5000K.
therube

Post by therube »

Was going to ask if you have Options | Configuration | Drives -> Fixed drives, unchecked for automatic refresh, but it doesn't look like makes a difference?

Though perhaps the second monitor causes Salamander (for whatever reason) to think it is looking at something other then a Fixed drive, & you happen to have automatic refresh disabled (for say removable drives)?
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Interesting. What about Left (Right) > Refresh command, does it work in such situation?
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

This is not an issue with Salamander. Its a Win7 problem on systems where Explorer configuration is corrupted.
You can simply test it by creating a new user profile and try it there.
The other possible workarround is to open Explorer (tap left Alt) select Tools > Folder options > View and click Reset folders.
Restart the computer after that to be sure the settings are properly applied. (or kill and start the explorer.exe process)
cyb

Post by cyb »

OK. This is odd. I have checked "Options | Configuration | Drives -> Fixed drives". It was On. When I unchecked it it actually behaves like it checked. Tested several times. Works great when unchecked.
Refresh was working just fine.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

It looks like change notifications are broken on your system.

See http://www.altap.cz/salamander/help/sal ... ion_drive/

Use automatic refresh
When checked, refresh of panel depends on change notifications from Windows. Otherwise refreshing of panel will be forced after each panel operation and main window activation (when you return from other application). Monitoring of change notifications is overall better option.