Internal viewer position on minimized main window

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
wqw

Internal viewer position on minimized main window

Post by wqw »

I'm regularly using the internal viewer and the default Window Position option is working very well for me when Salamander's main window is maximized

Trouble starts when I minimize the main window from current maximized state (without restoring it) but still have files listed in Find window that would like to view with internal viewer.

When main window is minimized internal viewer assumes that it has to respect it's restored position when sizing it's window which is usually random and totally not ok.

I'm testing with 3.0 beta4

cheers,
</wqw>
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Internal viewer position on minimized main window

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I'm unable to reproduce this problem on my Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 OS. Internal Viewer window is displayed on original Main window position (before it was minimized).
Ether

Post by Ether »

I can confirm this using wqweto's instructions on AS v2.54 and v3.0b3x64.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I'm still not able to reproduce this problem.
wqweto wrote:From this point on the internal viewer gets displayed in *restored* state (from the Find window). The restored position is pretty random if Main window is kept maximized (mostly).
On my computers is internal viewer displayed at restored position of the Main window but you mention "displayed in *restored* state (from the Find window)".
I also don't understand your sentence "restored position is pretty random if Main window is kept maximized" because Main windows should be minimized in this time?
SvA

Post by SvA »

I can confirm Jan's description. Nothing random here.

wqweto (and Ether), what exactly do you refer to when saying "pretty random"? Does each new viewer window appear in a different size and/or position? Or does each viewer window appear alike but not in sync with Salamander's restored window position and size? Or do you just not remember where the restored Salamander Window was before you maximized/minimized it and thus the viewer window gets displayed in a position unexpected by you, but predictable by Jan's description (understanding "original" to be "restored")?
odinuv

Post by odinuv »

I think that wqweto (and Ether) mean that the internal viewer window position is unrelated to the current main window position. Because the former is restored window with some size and the latter is maximized window (although currently minimized).

I.e the difference is here
- have salamander in maximized window
- search for something
- use preview
- the preview window is maximized too

- search for something
- minimize the main window (i.e. the main window is now minimized maximized window :)
- use preview
- the preview window is now in the size of the salamander windows as if it were in restored state (not maximized)

I must say that I never noticed this behavior until now :) I wouldn't call that random either.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

odinuv wrote:2.
- search for something
- minimize the main window (i.e. the main window is now minimized maximized window :)
- use preview
- the preview window is now in the size of the salamander windows as if it were in restored state (not maximized)

I must say that I never noticed this behavior until now :) I wouldn't call that random either.
I see exactly this and it doesn't sound like a bug to me.