Appearance Problem with Increased DPI to 150% (Win7)

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
DavidDe

Appearance Problem with Increased DPI to 150% (Win7)

Post by DavidDe »

I am currently using Altap Salamander 2.54 in Windows 7 (with all Service Packs and Updates installed).
I had never had any problem with Altap Salamander 2.54 appearance and resolution within normal DPI resolution (100%) till I changed the Windows 7 DPI to 150% for better vision (while keeping the screen resolution unchanged at 1600x900 as it always be); this was only when Salamander often didn't properly adjust the main window size (at the top the caption bar goes to screen offside and at the bottom the main window falls behind the Windows task bar).

In addition, the drop-down menus are not well-aligned or positioned relatively to the selected main menu item. The drop-down menu overlaps the main menu items and make them invisible; moreover the dropdown menu has some offset to the left side thus it covers the main menu items adjacent to the left side of the focused main menu item.

Sorry that it was not possible to attach a snapshot.
Wish the best for Altap Salamander which truly is far better than existing competitors' products.
therube

Re: Appearance Problem with Increased DPI to 150% (Win7)

Post by therube »

You might see if the Beta works any better.
There were some changes relating to DPI.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
DavidDe

Re: Appearance Problem with Increased DPI to 150% (Win7)

Post by DavidDe »

sounds good, thanks.