Problem transferring settings

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
mklhmnn

Problem transferring settings

Post by mklhmnn »

I've installed Windows 8.1 on a new harddisk and wanted to transfer my Altap Salamander 3.0 beta 3 settings from my previous Windows 7 harddisk (only one in the machine at the same time). To do so, I've used Options | Export Configuration in Windows 7. Then I've imported them on Windows 8.1 while AS was not running. This worked fine for the normal AS settings, but not for the settings for the WinSCP plugin. How to transfer the WinSCP settings, too, which seem to be inside the config_.reg?

Thanks,
Mike
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Problem transferring settings

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Unfortunately WinSCP plugin has own registry key. We should add option to the Export dialog box: [x] Include WinSCP configuration.

For now, please transfer WinSCP configuration key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/config#registry_key

It is possible to export this key directly from Salamander using Windows Registry plugin (right-click the WinSCP 2 key and choose the Export command). Save export to some file (winscp2.reg) and import it (just open it, it will start associated Registry Editor and import it) on target computer.
mklhmnn

Re: Problem transferring settings

Post by mklhmnn »

Thanks for the quick help. You guys rock!