salamander 3 beta stuck in an endless startup crash loop

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
SvA

Re: salamander 3 beta stuck in an endless startup crash loop

Post by SvA »

lukast wrote:the clipboard viewer was again showing nothing.
You were looking at the listbox labeled "Data Formats", weren't you? If the right side displays "( no viewer is available for this data format )", as in your screenshot, that does not mean that there is no data in the clipboard, only that the contents cannot be shown by the viewer.
lukast wrote:for this object, i indeed see nothing in clipboardviewer, or in wordpad if i try to flush it by ctrl+v.
You cannot flush the clipboard by ctrl+v. You can past the contents as many times as you please. Without any 3rd party tool you cannot clear the contents of the clipboard. The only thing you can do is to replace the contents by some other contents. (There used to be a clipboard viewer and sharing tool in Windows, which was able to clear it, among other things, but it is not any longer.)
lukast

Post by lukast »

SvA wrote:You were looking at the listbox labeled "Data Formats", weren't you? If the right side displays "( no viewer is available for this data format )", as in your screenshot, that does not mean that there is no data in the clipboard, only that the contents cannot be shown by the viewer.

)
instead of 'flush' i should have merely written 'show [the contents of]''.

as far as clipboardviewer is concerned, i looked at all listboxes available-- and in the case of the crash (which i can now reproduce with a 100-percent success rate), there is nothing shown in clipboardviewer, no listboxes at all actually. it's only when a 'salamander-compatible' type of data from said application is in the clipboard that the clipboard viewer is showing listboxes, and contents therein. should i try another one of those clipboard-viewing applications then so you can troubleshoot the issue?
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

The question is which application created the clipboard content, so it can be narrowed down.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Exactly, it would help... please let us know more details about the clipboard content, source application, how to reproduce it, etc. Thank you.
lukast

Post by lukast »

the application in question (the one i've so far observed the issue with, anyway), is steinberg cubase 7.5.

i suppose it's rather clear but i made a quick video describing what has been happening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qltl9dos6ubox ... _repro.mp4

(please note that viewing the video using dropbox's embedded player in the browser seems to default to a lower quality; downloading & playing the video locally makes the text in the vid more legible.)
Ether

Post by Ether »

I recommend trying another clipboard viewer application, in case it's able to display more information.
Ελληνικά rulez.
lukast

Post by lukast »

i wonder if this issue has been resolved...

i have a 2.5 license and been using the 3.x beta for far too long. would like to show support by upgrading but this one is a showstopper as the application i work with the most is the very application that leaves behind clipboard data which causes SS to crash on startup.