2.5 RC1 has already expired

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
jackh

2.5 RC1 has already expired

Post by jackh »

my 2.5 RC1 ("Expires on 01 November 2006") has already expired.

i tried a new download and install, but the problem remains.

jack
Mem

Post by Mem »

Sorry for stupid question - your system date and time si correctly set?
jackh

Post by jackh »

yes.

and i've solved it... mostly my fault. i would have replied a bit sooner but couldn't get back to the forum

the module update checker ran and told me that it had found new modules... the new beta, which was obviously wrong. at the same time, i ran a script that tried to run Salamander with a particular folder as the parameter... i have restricted Salamander to one window, so this should have updated my running Salamander. however, i had forgotten to update the script, so it was calling the old beta.

whew. anyway, it was the mixture of the update checker and my out-of-date script together that made me think Salamander had expired.

sorry for the fuss.

jack
Alwin-J.Mueller

New Version not correct???

Post by Alwin-J.Mueller »

Hello, CheckVersion giv me this URL
http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/newver.html
the newest Version is ss25rc1.exe, but it have only 26K, not 2M1! If i try to start installallation, i get a message like "~File isn't complete"
I have to try Download via FTP
ftp://ftp.altap.cz/pub/altap/salamand/ss25rc1.exe
But the ss25rc1.exe file have installed Salamander 2.5beta11 again.
And i'm get the epiry message at Salamander Start.
Anyway now i will try again, ss25rc1.exe have 2,2MB now, and not 2,18MB like ss25b11.exe. So i hope, this is the really newest Version!!
SvA

Re: New Version not correct???

Post by SvA »

Alwin-J.Mueller wrote:Hello, CheckVersion giv me this URL
http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/newver.html
the newest Version is ss25rc1.exe, but it have only 26K, not 2M1! If i try to start installallation, i get a message like "~File isn't complete"
This URL points to a web page, not a file to be installed. What did you actually download? Did you try to re-download it after you were informed that your file is not complete? Did you purge that file form your internet cache and from the cache of any proxy you are using before retrying?
Alwin-J.Mueller wrote:I have to try Download via FTP
ftp://ftp.altap.cz/pub/altap/salamand/ss25rc1.exe
But the ss25rc1.exe file have installed Salamander 2.5beta11 again.
Are you sure you installed that file you were downloading and that you subequently started the newly installed version? By default, Salamander installs side by side with older versions and does not automatically update/overwrite older versions.

Furthermore, if you have a value assigned to the default value of the registry path

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\salamand.exe
, your attempt to start Servant Salamander might be redirected to whatever is the content of that registry setting.
Last edited by SvA on 05 May 2006, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

There is a bug in the Check Version plugin, we are working on solution.

Only one version of Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1 was released:

Standard version: ss25rc1.exe (2 303 384 bytes)
Full version: ss25rc1f.exe (5 007 268 bytes)