Skydrive - Missing shortcut

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Eric

Skydrive - Missing shortcut

Post by Eric »

I'm using AS under Win8.1 and I'm missing the shortcut to the Skydrive Folder.

Under Win8.1 there are the Special Skydrive Folders shown in the Windows Explorer
without installing the Skydrive Client.

Is it possible to show the shortcut anyway?

Txs
Eric
Win2012, Win7, Win8 and Win8.1 x64 (german and english) | AS 3.0 beta 4 (x64)
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Skydrive - Missing shortcut

Post by Petr Solin »

I have already fixed changed position of SkyDrive folder under Windows 8.1, so it will work in next version of Salamander. BTW, it was reported in Czech part of forum in Czech language: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7045

It will probably need some additional support for changing file status from online to offline (for example before opening in viewer/editor, for now it only reports error "(1920) The file cannot be accessed by the system."). But we will solve it later when there will be more information about how to work with SkyDrive in Windows 8.1.

During testing in Windows 8.1 it has not worked well, sometimes it has reported only "Sorry, the action couldn't be completed.". It seems that it needs some fixes yet.