beta 3 x64: RAR plugin can't show content of rar files

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Dworkin

beta 3 x64: RAR plugin can't show content of rar files

Post by Dworkin »

With new beta 3 x64 RAR plugin is not able to show content of any RAR files: archives < ver 5 & archive = ver 5

If I try to step into archive first I see error dialog "The file date and/or time reported by archiver is invalid". if you press ok, you can see first file in archive with messed name
attchements are:
  • screenshot 1 is a view of two files and archive
  • screenshot 2 shows archive with these two files (in WinRAR everything is ok)
Attachments
screenshot1.png
screenshot1.png (8.72 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (4.19 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: beta 3 x64: RAR plugin can't show content of rar files

Post by Petr Solin »

Please can you send me to my email (petr.solin@altap.cz) some RAR archive which cannot be opened with 3.0 beta 3 x64? Try to find or create new which is not too big and contains no sensitive data. My test archives work well. Thanks!
Dworkin

Post by Dworkin »

test archive sent by e-mail.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Thanks for archive!

I see, you are using external rar.exe utility to unpack .rar archives. We have not supported new version of rar.exe. That is the problem. Thanks for reporting, we will try to fix it!

If you switch to internal unpacker, it will work immediately. Go to Options / Configuration / Archives Association in Panels, focus "rar;r##", change List and Unpack to UnRAR (Plugin).