Help for Userdefined Menu

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
ABERWIZZ

Help for Userdefined Menu

Post by ABERWIZZ »

I am not familiar with programming. Nevertheless I am looking for examples or a description to use the Uderdefined Menu in Salamander. Is there anybody who can help me?
I just want to activate programms (e.g. winrar, winace or similar) via the usermenu. What is to fill in in the fields (GERMAN): Menüeinträge, Befehl, Argument, Programmverzeichnis. What is the meaninng of Untermenü, Trennzeichen, Ausführen in der Umgebung, Schliesse Umgebungsfenster, öffne Umgebungsfenster ?
I just need one oder two examples to understand the functionality. Thanks for helping.

Aberwizz
SelfMan

Re: Help for Userdefined Menu

Post by SelfMan »

You really should check the manual.
http://www.altap.cz/salamander/help/sal ... ize_usrmn/
Ether

Re: Help for Userdefined Menu

Post by Ether »

Welcome.
ABERWIZZ wrote:I just want to activate programms (e.g. winrar, winace or similar) via the usermenu.
Archivers (such as WinRAR, WinAce, 7-Zip...) have their own section in configuration (Packprogramme). I can give you an example how to configure an archiver, if you want.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Menüeinträge
This is self-explaining, it just says that the white box below it shows the menu contents.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Befehl
The path to the program to execute here.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Argument
The command line arguments for the program.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Programmverzeichnis
(I have Ausführen in.)Where does the program start. This is not a widely used in Windows applications, but can be very important. Most of the time, the default $(FullPath) is the best.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Untermenü
When this is checked, the menu item will become a submenu -- like a folder. You can put other user menu commands in it.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Trennzeichen
(I have Trennlinie.) When this is checked, the menu item will become a separator -- a grey line, more or less. Separators don't do anything other than this.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Ausführen in der Umgebung
(I have In Kommandozeile ausführen.) This determines whether the program will be opened directly, or as a command in the command line interpreter (cmd.exe). If your Befehl is something like "dir" or "copy", you have to leave this checked and uncheck it for GUI applications.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Öffne Umgebungsfenster
(I have Kommandozeile öffnen.) If you choose to run the comand using the interpreter, the black window will appear by default and show any output the command will produce. If you uncheck this, the window will not appear.
ABERWIZZ wrote:Schliesse Umgebungsfenster
(I have Kommandozeile schließen.) If you allow the command window to appear, you can choose whether to have it closed automatically after the command finishes with this option.

To add a command, just click on the dotted row, or click the icon with a star that says Neu, enter the title for the menu item and then you can start filling out the fields and (un)checking the options.
Attachments
My menu.
My menu.
Menü.png (14.8 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
My menu configuration.
My menu configuration.
Konfiguration.png (34.6 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
Ελληνικά rulez.