Google Drive Icon

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Maxdout38

Google Drive Icon

Post by Maxdout38 »

Downloaded the Beta 2 version. How do I get the Google Drive Icon with the top icons? Can't seem to pull in the Drive data.

Thank you

Maxdout38
SelfMan

Re: Google Drive Icon

Post by SelfMan »

Is the OS 32 or 64 bit, which Salamander version did you download? 32 or 64 bit?
A 32 bit application is not able to display 64 bit shell extensions.
Maxdout38

Post by Maxdout38 »

Okay, I have 64 bit laptop so I just downloaded the 64 bit beta version.

Still not sure how to display the Google Drive icon.

Sorry for being such a newbie on this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Maxdout38
Ether

Post by Ether »

I'm not sure what you mean. The official Google Drive app just a synchronizer, like Dropbox. If you're talking about this app, then your data are actually stored in a directory somewhere on your disk, most probably in C:\Users\[your name]\Google Drive. You can go there either by:
  • Pressing Shift+F7 and entering %USERPROFILE%\Google Drive,
  • or by using the Documents icon and going one level up from there and finding your Google Drive in that directory.
As for having an icon, Salamander displays (besides disk drives with letters) only several predefined folders, it doesn't know about Dropbox and Google Drive. However, according to this thread about Dropbox and Google Drive icons, the icon could appear in one of the next versions of Salamander.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Maxdout38

Post by Maxdout38 »

Thank you Ether.. I misunderstood about the Google Drive Icon. I made a Hot Path and we're good to go.

8)

Maxdout38
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

orhor

Post by orhor »

the problem is if you use Altap Salamander 64bit. GoogleDrive is 32bit, thats probably the reason why Google drive icon is not avilable in Altap Salamander. Dropbox works fine with 64bit Salamander.