WinSCP plugin - "Upload Options" are always disabled

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
blkhawk

WinSCP plugin - "Upload Options" are always disabled

Post by blkhawk »

Hi,

A Co-worker of mine noticed that unlike in WinSCP the Permissions options in the Copy Transfer Settings dialog are always disabled. Testing the same connection with WinSCP shows the options enabled with the same SFTP server (since the settings are shared it should be pretty much guaranteed that the settings are identical).

Changing the the preselected Permissions in the global WinSCP Plugin settings works but my Co-worker needs several different patterns frequently so that isn't a good solution.

I tested both the current beta as well as the release version. In both cases I was unable to set permissions to be applied on upload.

MFG
-blkhawk
Ether

Re: WinSCP plugin - "Upload Options" are always disabled

Post by Ether »

Apparently the same problem as in WinSCP - part of settings disabled [Czech]. The reason for this behavior is not known at the moment.

Are you sure you're using the SFTP protocol (as opposed to the SCP protocol)?
Ελληνικά rulez.
blkhawk

Post by blkhawk »

Well I can only assume that its really using the SFTP protocol - since I tested it with WinSCP in parallel (using the same settings in the registry) and the global plugin settings *do* work. I would guess that the bug might be in the logic that disables part of the setting when a Protocol is detected (and for some reason it always picks "no permission settings possible").

What version of winscp is the plugin based upon? maybe the source will give me a clue.
Martin Prikryl
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Martin Prikryl »

I have fixed the bug. Fix will be included into the next release. Thanks for your report.
Martin Prikryl
https://winscp.net/
blkhawk

Post by blkhawk »

thank you - I'm looking forward to the new Version.