Drag'n'Drop on User Menu Toolbar

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
SvA

Drag'n'Drop on User Menu Toolbar

Post by SvA »

SS 2.5 RC1

I found some problems dropping files on User Menu Bar icons.

1. A program that is defined using a variable (e.g. $(SysDir)\notepad.exe) does not accept files dropped on it.

2. Any options defined for the program are ignored when a file is dropped on it. I'd expect Salamander to replace the specified variables with the values taken from the dropped file, at least as long as a single file or directory is dropped. If no selection specific variables are specified in the parameters field, I'd consider putting a list of quoted full names at the end of the provided parameters as appropriate.

As an example I use BareGrep, a free regular expression search tool by Bare Metal Software Pty Ltd. Its command line syntax is

Code: Select all

baregrep [options] [pattern {file(s)}]

or

Code: Select all

baregrep (-n|--no-regex) [options] {file(s)}

Obviously, since I have no way of telling it what to search for from within SS, I need to use the second form. When dropping files on the User Menu Bar icon, SS ignores the specified -n option and consequently baregrep treats the first or only file as the search pattern.

3. (Feature request:) The advanced variable $(ListOfSelectedNames) should be accompanied by $(ListOfSelectedFullNames) which provides full path names for each file in the list.
E.g. BareGrep usually treats any file name, which is not a fully qualified path as a search pattern, which it searches throughout the subfolders.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Drag'n'Drop on User Menu Toolbar

Post by Jan Rysavy »

SvA wrote:SS 2.5 RC1

I found some problems dropping files on User Menu Bar icons.

1. A program that is defined using a variable (e.g. $(SysDir)\notepad.exe) does not accept files dropped on it.
Fixed, thank you for reporting it!
(The item icon was also wrong.)

Points (2) and (3) are feature requests. You could copy&paste them to Feature Requests section as two separate threads with appropriate subject. Thank you.