RC1 doesnt start

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
toneman77

RC1 doesnt start

Post by toneman77 »

i just installed Servant Salamander RC1. At the first launch i get the small window asking if i want to import the old configuration etc...
But after i press start, i see Servant Salamander starting, with this small window in front:
then nothing happens.
I dunno whats going wrong. i tried waiting , installing into a different folder, not importing old configuration data... nothing helped.

Has anyone a similar problem?

greets Toneman77
Toneman77

Post by Toneman77 »

hmmpf
after removing all registry keys from altap with regcleaner ic could install RC1. Problem solved
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please try following steps:
1) Install SS 2.5 RC1 (do not start it)
2) move directory "C:\Program Files\Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1\plugins\eroiica" away (to some working directory)
3) Start SS 2.5 RC1

Does it help?

Post by Guest »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Please try following steps:
1) Install SS 2.5 RC1 (do not start it)
2) move directory "C:\Program Files\Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1\plugins\eroiica" away (to some working directory)
3) Start SS 2.5 RC1

Does it help?
On mine it didn't help. I found there was nothing in the eroiica folder. I removed the folder. When this happens the program locks up. The only way I have found to close it is to do <ctrl><alt>Delete and end the task.

Win'98se
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

OK, the problem will be in another plugin. You can try to move away other plugins and start SS 2.5 RC1.

The next version of Servant Salamander will display which plugin is about to load. It will be much more easier to identify problem.
docfxit

Post by docfxit »

I started moving one folder out of the plugin folder at a time. After moving each one I stated RC1. Each time it asked me if I wanted to remove beta 11. I did put a check mark in to remove it. Because I thought the problem really might be a plugin I started moving 4 plugin folders at a time. Then it started working just fine. I moved plugin folders back one at a time. Each time I moved one folder I brought RC1 back up. RC1 came up just fine every time. It seems like it does have something to do with plugins but only the first time you bring up a new version when it's working on removing registry entries from the previous version. This has happened on this computer for every new version installed on this PC since I can remember. Contact me if you would like to troubleshoot this some more when you can simulate another new version.

Docfxit