Context menus are closing automatically

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
knick

Context menus are closing automatically

Post by knick »

All,

I'm running AS 3.0 beta2 and my problem is that the context menu, that's shown after a right-mouse-click, is closing shortly (about a second) after it is displayed.... Well this problem does occur on AS 2.54, too - but not in Windows Explorer...

I guess something is not working correctly with my installed shell extensions (which are in fact TortoiseSVN 1.7.12, Build 24070 - 64 Bit and WinMerge 2.12.4.0 German Unicode).

My OS is Windows 7 64 Bit.

Bye & Thanks,
Michael
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Context menus are closing automatically

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Michael, it would be helpful to disable/enable particular shell extension and locate the problem: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
Could you please try it and let us know?
knick

Post by knick »

Jan, thank you for the hint.....

In the meantime I've noticed that my problem does not have anything to do with the shell extensions :-( It's (nearly?) every menu that gets closes automatically - the pull down drive list (ALT-F1 and/or ALT-F2) and even any other pull down menu that I open (i. e. "Options" or "Plugins".....)

Bye,
Michael
knick

Post by knick »

Eh.... forget about this one....

I've rebooted my pc (it was running for several days) and now it works as expected.... Don't know what happened here... I'll come back to you if it will happen again and I'm really sure that it is an AS problem ;-)
knick

Post by knick »

FYI:

For everyone who is interested about this - I've been able to find the reason (well.... not the reason at all, but the source of the problem)... It is the Jabber Client "Spark". I have Spark installed on my machine and running all the day. After I've killed Spark everything was well again.

There must be some feature (maybe the Roar-Plugin of Spark?!) that causes this behavior. The weired thing is, that I've been using Spark since about two years without any problem with AS - even all my colleagues are using Spark and don't see this problem (bust most of them do not use the Roar-Plugin)....

So... just for the files ;-)

Bye,
Michael
Ether

Post by Ether »

Thank you for coming back to report your findings.
Ελληνικά rulez.