Missing Tortoise CVS overlay icons

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
hrc
Translator
Translator

Missing Tortoise CVS overlay icons

Post by hrc »

After a hard disk crash I reinstalled the system from scratch (Win7 x64 US).

First thing installed was the AS3(x64) beta, next the TortoiseCVS but my overlays were missing. I reinstalled the tortoise with no luck, next I uninstalled AS3 (which really made me feel bad) and told it to clean up the registry. Before that I exported the configuration to a file. Installed AS3 again (which restored my mood), but still no overlays. Then I imported the reg-file (salamander -C config_reg) that also starts the AS, and the overlays were here. When I restarted AS they were gone.

If I import the config-file, it woks fine. I don't plan on doing that every time I start, so hints and suggestions are appreciated. Let me know if you want me to test something.

Icons are fine in Windows Explorer
/hrc
Go home Total Commander!
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Missing Tortoise CVS overlay icons

Post by Jan Rysavy »

(Divided from http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?t=3932 - Missing Tortoise SVN overlay icons)
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Please start Salamander without importing configuration. Icon overlays should be missing. Open configuration dialog, page Icon Overlays. Do you see Tortoise CVS icons there? And what's the state of checkboxes (one is on top, many in listview)? I expect some of them are turned off. Can you try to turn them on?
hrc
Translator
Translator

Post by hrc »

Hi Petr
I had some of the icons turned off (the new overlays are ugly and "noise" my eyes). When importing this worked. I checked all, restarted and they had gone. Tried disabling overlays, restarted, enabled them again, restarted. Still no overlay icons.

... but this is probably irrelevant as I think the reason is nailed. Because I use AS to most of the file managing in our domain, it is started as administrator, and when so started, there's no overlays. Running AS as an (almost) normal user, the overlays are here.
Go home Total Commander!
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

It works well here even if I start Salamander "as admin". I think there is some other problem.

Please try to download & unpack SDK version, it has trace (debug) messages, maybe it will help us trace the problem: http://www.altap.cz/salamander/downloads/sdk/

Start bin\vc2008\SDK_x64\salamand.exe from unpacked SDK. It should autostart Trace Server (see new icon in Tray). If not, open sysmenu (left top icon in Salamander's window frame and check Autostart...), and run again.

See messages in Trace Server after starting SDK version, or better export them (menu Log / Export...) and send them to this forum or to my email (petr.solin@altap.cz).