How to avoid trailing slash in User menu Path arguments?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
otrov

How to avoid trailing slash in User menu Path arguments?

Post by otrov »

I want to pass current folder to external program, but AS arguments $(Path), $(FullPath), ... have trailing backslash, which program rejects as not valid folder

Can I pass folder name w/o trailing backslash through AS User menu (w/o writing separate script for it)?
otrov

Re: How to avoid trailing slash in User menu Path arguments?

Post by otrov »

I solved this problem in regards to external program, but I'm still interested if it's possible to pass folder w/o trailing backslash
I don't see why it should be like this, as even in scenario when user wants to pass several "tied" arguments, one can always type backslash, while option to remove it doesn't seem existent
SvA

Re: How to avoid trailing slash in User menu Path arguments?

Post by SvA »

Most programs either require a trailing backslash to distinguish between a directory and a file or at least allow a trailing backslash. Not having it in the value of that variable I find confusing, and changing it is incompatible with existing configurations. So, a modifier was probably the best solution if addressed by Altap at all.

In most cases, where a trailing backslash is not allowed you probably can solve it by appending a dot to it (i.e,
$(Path).
instead of $(Path) alone)