No label nor file system in mobile 'drive' properties

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
mdruiter

No label nor file system in mobile 'drive' properties

Post by mdruiter »

I connected my HTC phone to a USB port and selected Disk drive mode. In the Salamander Change Drives list, I saw no drive label; only Removable disk (or actually the Dutch equivalent). I opened the drive's Properties through the (Windows) drive context menu, by right clicking on the drive in the Change Drives list. That also showed no label. And it had Unknown as the File system:
From Salamander.png
From Salamander.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
Trying the same directly in Explorer, I did see both label and file system:
From Explorer.png
From Explorer.png (3.99 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
I checked the Drive Information (Ctrl+L), which did show label and file system (FAT).

I'm running Windows XP SP3 (MCE), so it's not a x64 nor UAC issue.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Tomas Kopal
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: No label nor file system in mobile 'drive' properties

Post by Tomas Kopal »

Tried the same with my Samsung Android phone, and it's behaving a bit strange. First time I connected the phone, I have seen the same bad behavior in both Explorer and Salamander. Second and third time, I see what you describe - Explorer correct, Salamander not. My first impression is it is a problem with the drivers, but still strange it is behaving differently in Explorer and Salamander...