Salamander v2.5x and Offline Folders

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
wbplomp

Salamander v2.5x and Offline Folders

Post by wbplomp »

I noticed an issue with ALTAP Salamander v2.5x and Offline Folders. Although it is more or less an unwanted behavior than an issue. Please allow me to explain…

Scenario:
  • On my clients I use Windows 7 Ultimate (x64). They are part of an Active Directory domain.
  • On my network make I enabled Roaming Profiles and Folder Redirection.
  • My personal folders like "Downloads" and “My Document” are redirected to a network share (for example \\server.domain.local\FOLDERS$\username\Documents).
  • I logon between two computer, my desktop and laptop.
  • My laptop has these redirected folders offline available, my desktop hasn't.

Working:
  • Desktop (without offline folders): When I am working on my desktop and use Windows Explorer or ALTAP Salamander and move files within or between redirected folders, things are ok.
  • Laptop (with offline folders): When I am working on my laptop and use Windows Explorer to move files within or between redirected folder "that are made offline available" , things are ok as well, even with my offline folders.

Problem:
But… when I am working on my laptop and use ALTAP Salamander to move file within or between redirected folders "that are made available offline", files are getting duplicated and other weird behaviors occur. What happens is that ALTAP is always working on the network share and not in the Offline Folder store. After you re-logon or in your current session those files are duplicate in the source and destination. And sometimes I get other weird behaviors that I cannot explain. One of them is a different version during Offline Folder synchronization. Now I understand why I have lost changes from time to time.

I have just reported this issue to ALTAP support.

Does anybody else noticed this issue as well?
Last edited by Ether on 10 Aug 2011, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected BBCode formatting.