UDF error: required support for ISO-13346 UDF file system

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Anne

UDF error: required support for ISO-13346 UDF file system

Post by Anne »

I keep getting the below message when trying to examine the contents of several downloaded files.

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong.?

2nd thought... The files that I get an error on using SS, burn the correct information to a DATA DVD. I guess that says the actual data and its structure are all ok and it must be the way Salamander is trying to read the data..???????

Thanks,
Anne

WinXP Pro x64 System
1GB mem
AMD socket 939 3700+ CPU
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: UDF error message

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Anne wrote:I keep getting the below message when trying to examine the contents of several downloaded files.
The error message looks like standard Windows message (not Servant Salamander related).

I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean with "examine the contents of several downloaded files" and with "burn the correct information to a DATA DVD". Could you describe it more closely?

Could you try Windows Explorer? (I suppose the same error message will be displayed.)
Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Code: Select all

Universal Disk Format: a file system for optical media developed by the Optical Storage Technology Association (OSTA). It was designed for read-write interoperability between all the major operating systems as well as compatibility between rewritable and write-once media. The standard allows for efficient recording of small packages of data, using incremental packet writing.
That's the "official" definition. I've not seen it in use recently, but I used it for magneto-optical disks.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: UDF error message

Post by Jan Patera »

Anne wrote:This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
I guess that you have a DVD ISO image and are trying to view its content. The question is: how are you doing it? Do you use Servant Salamander to enter the ISO file like into an archive? If so, could you please post an URL from where you got the images?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please try to install latest version of Servant Salamander File Manager (2.5 RC1) from http://www.altap.cz/download.html#sal25

Then locate your ISO image in the panel and double click it (or press the Enter key). The image should be opened, you should be able to browse directories, view files using F3 (View command) key, extract files and directories using F5 (Copy command), etc.

The Universal Disk Format (UDF) is supported by Servant Salamander UnISO plugin. It works on Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
SvA

Post by SvA »

How is this related to Servant Salamander?
Does the UnISO plugin fail at the image? If yes, please specify what image failed (post a download link to the image that fails). Specify what you expect to get and what you actually get instead from Servant Salamander.
This way, if there is a flaw in the plugin, it can be fixed.
If it's not related to Servant Salamander, this forum is not the place you ought to use for the issues you are having.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

SvA wrote:How is this related to Servant Salamander?
Does the UnISO plugin fail at the image? If yes, please specify what image failed (post a download link to the image that fails). Specify what you expect to get and what you actually get instead from Servant Salamander.
This way, if there is a flaw in the plugin, it can be fixed.
If it's not related to Servant Salamander, this forum is not the place you ought to use for the issues you are having.
OK, I will delete all not Servant Salamander related posts in this thread.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: UDF error: required support for ISO-13346 UDF file system

Post by Jan Patera »

Anne wrote:I keep getting the below message when trying to examine the contents of several downloaded files.

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system

Any suggestions as to what is wrong.?

2nd thought... The files that I get an error on using SS, burn the correct information to a DATA DVD. I guess that says the actual data and its structure are all ok and it must be the way Salamander is trying to read the data..???????
Problem solved for the next version of Altap Salamander (2.52)