Drive List drop-down takes 15-20sec to appear on ONE PC only

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
lcipher111

Drive List drop-down takes 15-20sec to appear on ONE PC only

Post by lcipher111 »

First of all, I have been using your program for years, even paid for version 2 and you have been absolutely essential to my central work, and I consider AS to be my most important utility.

I have Salamander running on 3 PCs, and two of them work fine.... there is a tower of 8 HDs on PC1 and the other two have mapped drives to all of them... PC2 works fine - list of drives appears instantly, the MS Surface 6 takes about 15-20 seconds to come up with this list.... i have removed ALL these mapped drives before, but the problem persisted. I do recall it working for a few hours when I was troubleshooting, but now it's back to the annoying delay. I use these drives all the time so it would be great to get this fixed. Any ideas?

Thank You for your excellent software
DJ Lem
Richmond, BC

PS: If you remember the ole NORTON COMMANDER from the DOS PC days, which was the first two pane file manager - you guys took that torch and carried it.
SelfMan

Re: Drive List drop-down takes 15-20sec to appear on ONE PC only

Post by SelfMan »

Try Options > Configuration > Drives
[_] Use automatic refresh
[x] Use simple icons
[x] Do not refresh on activation
Try it out and let me know.

Do I assume correctly that the Surface laptop is on WiFi?

P.S.> Sadly not many people know how practical a dual-pane file manager is.
lcipher111

Post by lcipher111 »

I tried these options and the delay is still there... The usage I'm talking about is when i plugin my Surface to the excellent hub that I bought so the Wifi is off and Lan is on.

...aaaand I just solved my own problem - unplugging the Surface 6 Hub (which has HDMI, Lan, SDcard, microSD and 2 USB3) solves the problem and now Salamander drive list comes up immediately. Noticed my Surface 6 has a hard time shutting down when the hub is in - unplugging it solves that problem as well.

Thanks for your help, keep up your excellent work. I always recommend your software to anyone listening.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Some things need just a little nudge to solve. You are welcome.