Opening associated program not high DPI aware [SOLVED]

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
dmonder

Opening associated program not high DPI aware [SOLVED]

Post by dmonder »

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with a high-DPI screen. Here is my problem:

. Navigate to a Microsoft Excel file in Altap Salamander
. Open a file by double-clicking on file name

File opens as DPI Unware.

If I navigate to the same file using Windows Explorer (the built-in file manager in Windows 10), and open the file by double-clicking the file, it opens System Aware.

A similar problem happens when opening a Visual Studio project file, though in Windows Explorer, it opens Per-Monitor Aware.

I also tried opening an Excel file from Microsoft Teams and from OneDrive in my browser. Both of those also open the file System Aware.

Any idea why this would be happening?
dmonder

Re: Opening associated program not high DPI aware

Post by dmonder »

I am not sure how this applies to my situation nor how I would apply what it says. This looks like it is describing something the programmers of Salamander need to do? Am I misunderstanding this?
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Go to the folder where you installed salamander. (run salamander as administrator) Create a new text file salamand.txt, and put the following XML structure in it:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
  <asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings>
      <dpiAware xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">true</dpiAware>
    </asmv3:windowsSettings>
  </asmv3:application>
</assembly>
save it and rename the file to salamand.xml
Restart Salamander and see how it works.
Other things you can do are in this thread.
dmonder

Post by dmonder »

It looks like these are all specific to changing how Salamander works. Salamander works fine for me. It is when Salamander opens other programs that should be DPI aware that the problem occurs. I did try adding the XML file you suggested but it did not change the behavior I am seeing. I will try the others, but I expect the same results.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

What version of MS Office are you using?
Also check if any of this applies to you.
dmonder

Post by dmonder »

It looks like I was wrong. I went into the properties of the shortcut and unselected the override option that was selected on the high-dpi and restarted Salamander. It started up System Aware and opened the two files correctly.

I am sorry I doubted your advice but glad I tried it. THANK YOU! That was driving me crazy.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

No problem. You are welcome.