no reaction for files mp4, avi

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
rauli

no reaction for files mp4, avi

Post by rauli »

Please explain me what is wrong. Windows 10. If I want use files mp4, avi via AS I can't do nothing. Can't open, can't move to another disc, right button mouse also not work. Why ikon change by self ? If I use my computer--> disk no issues. Please check added files. Any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (22.2 KiB) Viewed 7322 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (28.91 KiB) Viewed 7322 times
SelfMan

Re: no reaction for files mp4, avi

Post by SelfMan »

THe issue is probably caused by some broken shell extension. Other question is - are you running Salamander as administrator? Also, it might be possible that there is something wrong with the access right to the files.
It seems you have windows set to English and the files you can't do anything with do have Polish diacritics. Salamander does not support Unicode. You can avoid this problem partially by setting the general configuration to Polish.
run sontrol.exe and in Control Panel\Clock and Region\Region > Tab Administrative > Language for non unicode programs > Change system locale
rauli

Post by rauli »

Dear SelfMan,
Many thanks for your support. You have right. Not need run AS as admin, but need change language.
What do you thing, if I want use English, AS will do something with support Unicode in future?
One more time for your time and help.
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (33.78 KiB) Viewed 7279 times
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

The mentioned setting does not change the User Interface language, but it does enable the accented characters to be readable by non unicode application. Salamander's unicode support is not expected in the near future. That matter is not that simple.
rauli

Post by rauli »

I was too fast and changed all to to my language :)
User Interface language I changed to English now.
Thx
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

You are welcome.