open template file with custom editor?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
mattwheeler66

open template file with custom editor?

Post by mattwheeler66 »

I would like to configure Salamander to open (with Shift+F4) a template document, rather than an empty file.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
SelfMan

Re: open template file with custom editor?

Post by SelfMan »

You can use external editor which supports a parameter for template file. But so far I am not aware of one.
I suggest you use an editor with auto type / auto complete functionality, which would be much more versatile for you.
You can create a file the usual way, then open it in the editor, write a keyword like _temp1<space> which then autocompletes to a complete template.
I am using EditPlus (payd sw), which is very easy to use in this regard.

The alternative would be https://www.autohotkey.com/ which works everywhere in the system.
mattwheeler66

Post by mattwheeler66 »

Thanks. It's actually not an editor. I'd like to open Scapple with similar functionality to "new" in the explorer context menu.

I'll look into using AHK. Not sure that I'll be able to get it to open the blank doc template and take the folder with focus in Salamander as its working folder.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

If you look at the arrows right from the command and arguments, you will see a lot of variables like "$(Name)" which can be used to pass parameters.