disable reporting in the program

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Vseslav

disable reporting in the program

Post by Vseslav »

Please tell me how to disable reporting in the program? After each launch, the program generates many reports and tries to send them.
therube

Re: disable reporting in the program

Post by therube »

First thing, in my mind, is to figure out why you're getting those reports?

On my end, Salamander has been stable - for years on end, with only an odd occurrence where a report was necessary.
(Suppose some of the plugins, perhaps Archiver related, may cause issues if you happen to be running across "odd" compressed files?)

That said, & I don't recall... ?
At first, I was thinking Reporting was handled through a Plugin, but now I'm not sure? (Check Version is.)
In the General Configuration? (You'd have to go through the multitude of options, but I'd think not there either.)

So then maybe you can't? Perhaps if you tell Salamander you do not have an Internet connection (in Check Version)?

And if all that fails, then go to where the reports are "saved" (which I don't recall either, but thinking %TMP% ?), & remove (or move them) such that Salamander no longer sees them. (Salamander "temporary" directories/files do go there.)

Looks like the reports are stored in a ".DMP" file (something like, 58F5358B716893F7-AS318X86-160831-224555.DMP), so do a search for *.DMP & that should point you to where you need to go.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54