It can't support simplified Chinese file name?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
remotespark

It can't support simplified Chinese file name?

Post by remotespark »

When I used the traditional Chinese windows 7 and used your software to transfer the files with simplified Chinese name file, it always popup the error messaged( like the attached file "error_message"). How can I resolve the problem? I tried to change the language menu to simplified Chinese and it still had a error message, too( like the attached file "error_message_1").

It's no any error when I use traditional Chinese windows 7 and used your software to transfer the files with traditional Chinese name file.
Attachments
error_message_1.jpg
error_message_1.jpg (140.25 KiB) Viewed 5012 times
error_message.jpg
error_message.jpg (144.64 KiB) Viewed 5012 times
tukanos

Re: It can't support simplified Chinese file name?

Post by tukanos »

remotespark wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 05:05 When I used the traditional Chinese windows 7 and used your software to transfer the files with simplified Chinese name file, it always popup the error messaged( like the attached file "error_message"). How can I resolve the problem? I tried to change the language menu to simplified Chinese and it still had a error message, too( like the attached file "error_message_1").

It's no any error when I use traditional Chinese windows 7 and used your software to transfer the files with traditional Chinese name file.
Well for Chinese you probably want to use Unicode. If you search the forum you will find out that the Unicode is the reason why developers decided not to continue their product. The migration of the current code base to Unicode is work for years. You can set your language to Chinese to see if that helps, but that will not help you get a Unicode support.