After closing 64 bit version remains as backgriund process

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
skwoz

After closing 64 bit version remains as backgriund process

Post by skwoz »

I have installed both version of Salamander 4.0 on my Windows 10 Pro machine: 32 and 64 bit

When closing the 64 Bit version it remains as background process which can be tracked via taskmgr.

So every time I start and close Salamander one more background process remains in the system.

Any idea?

The 32 bit version works fine, but it doesn't support overlayicons ....
SelfMan

Re: After closing 64 bit version remains as backgriund process

Post by SelfMan »

The probable cause is some shellextension which hangs while unloading and Salamander is waiting for it.
Check the [ur=https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.htmll]ShellExView[/url] from Nir Sofer and disable all non microsoft Shell extensions.
You dont have to delete them, just disable them. In your case as the 32 Salamander is working just fine a faulty 64bit shell extension.
32bit salamander works with 32bit file extension. So those you seen in 64bit are the probable cause of the problem.
skwoz

Post by skwoz »

Thank you for your answer!
I disabled all extensions, but the behavior remains the same :(

Any other ideas?
Thank you
Frank

The 32 Bit Version is actually no option, because overlay icons from synology, nextcloud etc.. are not working...
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Ok, then when Salamander hangs, run the WhatIsHang utility (from the same guy) and attach the report here.
Portwein

Post by Portwein »

Hi,
I have the same problem on two computers. Both are running the latest Windows 10 updates. Both are Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

I disabled the shell extensions and tried "WhatIsHang". But this doesn't indicate anything to me. The Task Manager also shows that Altap Salamander is still running (see screenshot).
2019-11-06 20_51_10-Greenshot.png
2019-11-06 20_51_10-Greenshot.png (31.05 KiB) Viewed 5876 times
Any ideas?
Portwein

Post by Portwein »

Hello,
I've found a solution to my problem. I'm using Nextcloud on my computers for file synchronization and have activated the overlay icons.

If I deactivate them in the Altap Salamander settings, the program quits normally.
altap.png
altap.png (35.27 KiB) Viewed 5876 times