Bug in PictView navigation

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
w.p.

Bug in PictView navigation

Post by w.p. »

Hello!

I found a bug.
When I view images by F3 in Altap Salamander, and I see 2.jpg, and delete it from disk, and go forward then I see 4.jpg, not 3.jpg. I can see 3.jpg only when I go backward (backspace):

1.jpg
2.jpg selected and now erased from disk in AS
3.jpg
4.jpg

show next picture (space)

1.jpg
3.jpg skipped!
4.jpg selected now

show previous picture (backspace)

1.jpg
3.jpg selected now!
4.jpg

Wojtek
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Bug in PictView navigation

Post by Jan Patera »

w.p. wrote:I found a bug.
When I view images by F3 in Altap Salamander, and I see 2.jpg, and delete it from disk, and go forward then I see 4.jpg, not 3.jpg. I can see 3.jpg only when I go backward (backspace):
I am afraid this problem is common to all viewers and not only to PictView. This problem occurs only if you delete the file currently being shown in PictView and you delete it outside PictView. The problem does not occur when you delete the file from PictView or if you delete other files.
We could do some hack to solve this particular case. However, the problem will reoccur if you delete that one file AND one or more. The viewer will not be able to guess how many files were deleted (or renamed) in total and adjust the file index accordingly.
IMHO this is a limitation of Salamander, not of the viewers, like the problem when going to other file stops working when you change the path in the original panel...