strange behavior in active folder

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
omega

strange behavior in active folder

Post by omega »

I have encountered a strange behavior, maybe any of you guys can replicate it. First set a folder listing to "details" for example Program Files\Altap Salamander in Windows Explorer, then close Windows Explorer.

Perform the following steps
1. Open Salamander
2. Go to Program Files\Altap Salamander
3. Select salamand.exe
4. Shift + F3
5. Enter (another Salamander will open as expected)
6. Close all Salamander and Windows Explorer
7. Repeat step 1 - 5
Now instead of opening a new Salamander, nothing happens or the selected item is sorting in Win Explorer. Seems like it's focused on the name/type top row.

I have tested this on Salamander 3.08 (x64) and 4.0 (x64) on Win 7 (x64) and got the same result
tukanos

Re: strange behavior in active folder

Post by tukanos »

omega wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 21:33 I have encountered a strange behavior, maybe any of you guys can replicate it. First set a folder listing to "details" for example Program Files\Altap Salamander in Windows Explorer, then close Windows Explorer.

Perform the following steps
1. Open Salamander
2. Go to Program Files\Altap Salamander
3. Select salamand.exe
4. Shift + F3
5. Enter (another Salamander will open as expected)
6. Close all Salamander and Windows Explorer
7. Repeat step 1 - 5
Now instead of opening a new Salamander, nothing happens or the selected item is sorting in Win Explorer. Seems like it's focused on the name/type top row.

I have tested this on Salamander 3.08 (x64) and 4.0 (x64) on Win 7 (x64) and got the same result
I got the "sorting" issue on the first round (I have auto-focus turned on so that maybe the cause). If I press second enter the AS opens as expected. It is definitely a focus issue, if you just single click on the salamand.exe and then enter it will open as expected
omega

Re: strange behavior in active folder

Post by omega »

This happens only if the view is set to details in Win Explorer, not to icons, tiles, list. Yes pressing Enter the 2nd time and it opens as expected when the first time started to sort that i know. I just find it weird why it sometimes "focused" on the selected item and sometimes on the top row (name/date date modified/type/size) when pressing shift+F3.