Markdown support

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
SvA

Markdown support

Post by SvA »

I am very glad to finally have a markdown viewer accessible from Salamander. Up till now, I could not even find an external viewer to my liking.

I discovered a flaw, however, which you might be able to resolve:

I edited the markdown file, while it was open in the viewer. I then tried to update the viewer contents to reflect the changes. Since the IE-Viewer generally responds to shortcuts available within IE, I tried pressing F5, with the result of getting a blank page.

While writing this report I checked how to update the document in the internal viewer and discovered that Ctrl+R works, even with a markdown document in the IE-Viewer.

Nevertheless, getting a blank page on pressing F5 is confusing. Maybe you can fix it.
Thierry

Re: Markdown support

Post by Thierry »

Hi everyone,
Another markdown issue: when you add another extension to the list at Configuration > Viewers and Editors > Viewers > *.md;*.mdown;*.markdown (say, ";*.gmd" for github markdown), the viewer shows plain text.

PS: I saw really bad covid figures in the Czech Republic: are you guys ok ?
Greetings from Paris
-- Thierry
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

If the default text viewer is used, there must be some misconfiguration for the extension.
FYI, you have entered quotes but those are not required while entering the file extensions. Only the semi-colon as a delimiter.
You can always enter a new line to the list with just one file extension (for testing).
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

SelfMan wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 16:30 FYI, you have entered quotes but those are not required while entering the file extensions. Only the semi-colon as a delimiter.
I put quotes to show what I add, obviously not in the configuration itself.
The problem remains whatever way you enter the additional extension: try it yourself.
SvA

Post by SvA »

You might have noticed, that the markdown viewer just uses the Internet Explorer Viewer plugin, and there is no additional settings or parameter passed. So, essentially two possibilities of determining whether to apply the mardown conversions are available:
  • Inspecting the filel's content
  • hardcoding a list of extensions
apparently the latter has been done.