[resolved] Directory size calculation is incorrect

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
tukanos

[resolved] Directory size calculation is incorrect

Post by tukanos »

There is something fishy with the directory size calculation in the latest Altap Salamander 3.08 (probably others but I did not test those).

Please see the following screenshot
over_all_space_reported_wrong.jpg
over_all_space_reported_wrong.jpg (318.67 KiB) Viewed 4803 times
As you can see the overall size reported by AS 3.08 is over 67GB!!!, but when you get into the directory and select the directories one by one you get 14.2GB the calculation is closer to reality but still not close enough (see explorer results for crosschecking). The explorer properties report around 11.7GB so the reality is completely different.
Last edited by tukanos on 07 Feb 2019, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Re: Directory size calculation is incorrect

Post by therube »

You missed openssh ^.

Also...

/app_scoop/ is a parent directory.
/app_scoop/apps/ is a child to that parent.
Unless there is nothing more (taking up space) within /app_scoop/ except for the /apps/ directory (& I'd suspect there is ~50 GB of more's)...

-------

In my case, I'm coming up exactly the same.
Salamander Directory Size Calculation is Correct.png
Salamander Directory Size Calculation is Correct.png (53.69 KiB) Viewed 4780 times

Otherwise...

Hard links?
What OS?
32 or 64-bit Salamander?
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
tukanos

Re: Directory size calculation is incorrect

Post by tukanos »

therube wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 01:08 You missed openssh ^.

Also...

/app_scoop/ is a parent directory.
/app_scoop/apps/ is a child to that parent.
Unless there is nothing more (taking up space) within /app_scoop/ except for the /apps/ directory (& I'd suspect there is ~50 GB of more's)...

-------

In my case, I'm coming up exactly the same.

Salamander Directory Size Calculation is Correct.png

Otherwise...

Hard links?
What OS?
32 or 64-bit Salamander?
Ah, thank you for you testing. It was due to hard links as there is a link to my /user/<login>. Forgot that AS includes those in the overall count.

I did not include the openssh because part of it was not accessible so I select skip all and it did not show anything just selected. Tried it now and it shows the missing 33GB.