Missing offset value in hex view (Viewer)

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Evin
Translator
Translator

Missing offset value in hex view (Viewer)

Post by Evin »

This problem exist, I think, since the AS 2.5. In Viewer I can't see the offset value in the last some lines, if I leave the cursor on the hex value. In the first lines it works fine.
Ether

Re: Missing offset value in hex view (Viewer)

Post by Ether »

I have trouble understanding what you mean. I opened a file in the Internal Viewer in hex mode and left the mouse cursor on the offsets (the values in the leftmost column) and nothing happened regardless of which line it was. I'm not sure what's supposed to (not) happen. Could you attach a screenshot of both cases?
Ελληνικά rulez.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I have just tested it and it has worked fine here. Please post here how to reproduce it and attach some test file. This bug may be dependent on file size. Thanks!
Evin
Translator
Translator

Post by Evin »

I think the size doesn't matter. I tested with 3 files: <1MB, 2MB, 3.2GB. Always the same. Under up to date Xp SP3 or Win7. And of course not cracked or something OS.

This is last line, where I can see the offset value. In line 270 or under I can't see this yellow popup "block".
Attachments
viewer.jpg
viewer.jpg (502.97 KiB) Viewed 7166 times
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

Evin wrote:I think the size doesn't matter. I tested with 3 files: <1MB, 2MB, 3.2GB. Always the same. Under up to date Xp SP3 or Win7. And of course not cracked or something OS.
This is last line, where I can see the offset value. In line 270 or under I can't see this yellow popup "block".
Ahaaa, the tooltip with offset doesn't get displayed. I think I can reproduce it.
It seems to me, that the tooltip does not display under rectangle of the size of "restored" (i.e. not maximized) window of Altap Salamander. Does that make sense?
1) have AS in a restored size
2) open the Internal viewer and slightly enlarge it at the bottom
3) the tooltip shows up only in the area of the original size
4) close the viewer, enlarge the main window of AS and repeat steps 2) & 3). The same problem with the new size.
5) close the viewer, maximize the main window of AS and repeat steps 2) & 3). The same problem, but the original size of the main window is still taken into account.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I can reproduce it, I'll look at it. Thanks!
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I have fixed it, we have not set tooltip bounding rectangle properly. Thanks for reporting this!