Anyone getting repeated notice of the the 2.53 release?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
lew

Anyone getting repeated notice of the the 2.53 release?

Post by lew »

This is happening once a week. I have downloaded and am using 2.53 but about once a week it notifies me like it should with updates however it shows this in the window below.

When I click on it I go to the download page but it says nothing about updates it just the same file I originally downloaded to install 2.53.

Anyone having this happen besides me????
Attachments
AltapSalamander.jpg
AltapSalamander.jpg (22.64 KiB) Viewed 8314 times
Slanec

Re: Anyone getting repeated notice of the the 2.53 release?

Post by Slanec »

Nope. It works as it should for me.
Ether

Post by Ether »

I just tried a manual check for new versions, but nothing new was found.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Nope, check works fine.
Win2012, Win7, Win8 and Win8.1 x64 (german and english) | AS 3.0 beta 4 (x64)
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

lew wrote:This is happening once a week. I have downloaded and am using 2.53 but about once a week it notifies me like it should with updates however it shows this in the window below
Could it be that you installed 2.53 to the same folder where you had previous version of AS (including 2.53 beta)? Salamand.exe perhaps got updated, but the CheckVer plugin did not? I have seen such misconfiguration already...
Ether

Post by Ether »

In addition to Jan's idea, I would recommend you backing up your configuration (Options > Export Configuration...), uninstalling Salamander, restarting, completely deleting its program directory (usually C:\Program Files\Altap Salamander) and installing it again.

Also, did you install any plugins or plugin updates?
Ελληνικά rulez.
lew

Post by lew »

@ether:
I haven't installed any new plugins or plugin updates that I know of. I do have plugins installed.

@Jan:
Will try the backup and re-install.
lew

Post by lew »

Well I know what the problem is now. I was making copies of 'Salamand.exe' and renaming them to 'Salamand - Admin.exe' and 'Salamand - User.exe' so that I could select the one running as Administrator or one Running as User in order to avoid answering the UAC question everytime I ran it and still be able to do admin things when needed.

I tried to make short-cuts to do this but it always sets Salamand.exe' to admiin privilege or not depending which was chosen last. Can't see a work-around unless I install it twice in different sub-directories and that is a waste.

Anyone see something I don't?
Ether

Post by Ether »

I assume you are using the Compatibility settings to launch Salamander with Administrator privileges. However, in the Properties of a shortcut, on the Shortcut tab, there's an Advanced button opening a small window with an option to lauch the process with Administrator privileges. I've never run into any conflicts using this option.

An alternative approach is to use some elevation proxy application (such as Elevation PowerToys).

edit] After re-reading your post, I realized you wrote about not needing to confirm the UAC elevation prompt. I personally have not tried to bypass the prompts, so I'm a little confused now, as to how you do that. Tell us whether the solution above works for you, and post additional information if not.
Ελληνικά rulez.