Can't see Application Data subdirectory

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
jimh72

Can't see Application Data subdirectory

Post by jimh72 »

I've been using Salamander for many years and have found it to be stable and very useful for managing large numbers of files.

I've recently noticed that I can't see the "Applications Data" subdirectory or any of its contents in my local drive, C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\.

This issue doesn't seem to be a problem with Salamander 2.0 but versions 2.51 through 2.53b1 all seem to have this same issue. Although I can't see the subdirectory and its contents with Salamander, I can see them using the MS-Explorer file manager. My Windows file display options are set to display hidden files and directories and my PC is running Microsoft Windows XP SP3 in an office network environment. I didn't notice any Salamander configuration options that seem to be related to this issue.

Any help with addressing this problem would be great.
Thanks,
Jim
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Can't see Application Data subdirectory

Post by zarevak »

Do you see small Y-shaped icon in the directory line? It means there are some hidden files. Try pressing Ctrl+H to show them ;)
therube

Post by therube »

Options | Configuration -> Panels, uncheck Hide files and directories with hidden or system attribute

Looks like a Ctrl+H is a shortcut key for that. Probably inadvertently hit that at some point.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
jimh72

Post by jimh72 »

Many thanks to you both. Indeed, Ctrl-H solved my problem!