Can't get PictView installed

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Harry

Can't get PictView installed

Post by Harry »

Hello,

I have problems in activating the PictView plugin. I tried to reinstall it (German version), but get an error saying the english language file cannot be found. However, the english language file does exist.The error occurs in both the 2.5.1 and the 2.5.3 beta. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Harry
thomas
Translator
Translator

Re: Can't get PictView installed

Post by thomas »

Hello Harry,

do you have installed the "full" version of Altap Salamander? Only the full version contains the PictView Plugin.
That's the reason why the German Installer has the "Components Section" with the selection for "Eroiica Viewer", PictView" and "WinSCP Plugin. We can talk German, you can write me a PM!
Last edited by thomas on 06 Apr 2010, 11:33, edited 2 times in total.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

Harry wrote:I have problems in activating the PictView plugin. I tried to reinstall it (German version), but get an error saying the english language file cannot be found. However, the english language file does exist.The error occurs in both the 2.5.1 and the 2.5.3 beta. Any help is appreciated.
Harry, I assume you are installing the official version of German PictView available at http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2570 ? Did you install it manually (by extracting as a 7z archive) or by running the exe? Did you install it on top of English Salamander or on top of the unofficial German version of Salamander?
NOTE: PictView is part of both the "Full" and "Standard" versions of Salamander
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hello thomas, hello Jan,

thank you for your quick answers. I tried with different versions, but always the english one. I now reinstalled Version 2.5 (english) that opens a window "Uninstall Unlicensed Components" after the installation. The following Components are unlicensed:
- ALTAP Self Extractor
- Pict View Plugin
- Win SCP Plugin
I have purchased a full license of Salamander. Is the Pict View plugin included in this license, or do I have to purchase an extra license for it? I would like to see image-thumbnails.

Regards
Harry
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hi Harry, please check your mailbox for your Altap Salamander registration keys (I'm resending it just now) and import it into Salamander. It looks like you lost the PictView key.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hello Jan,

thank you for the key zip file, you sent to me. That solved the problem.

Keep up workin on this excellent software! There's no better filemanager worldwide in my eyes - wished such a tool would be also available on Mac, I'm primarily working with.

Regard
Harry