Salamander Time differs from Everything Time

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
therube

Post by therube »

Can anyone tell me what time it is?

Are we off by 1 hour or is it 12?

In Everything, I searched for files with Date Modified of 1-19-2011 (& additional filter, only files in my c:/tmp/ directory) & didn't get any results.
Per Salamander, I do have files dated (date modified) 1-19-2011, so I should have gotten results.
In Everything, I had to adjust my search criteria to 1-18-2011 for the files to turn up.

Time Zone is UTC-5, with adjustments for DST enabled.

What am I missing?

531, is a file I created today, manually setting its time to 12:09:18 AM.
531 - Copy, is a copy of 531, that I manually set its date/time to 1-19-2011 12:09:18 AM.
531 - Copy - Copy, is a copy of 531, that I manually set its date/time to 1-18-2011 12:09:18 AM.

Windows Explorer shows the same date/time as Everything.

(Sort order differs too, but not concerned about that.)
Salamander Time differs from Everything Time.png
Salamander Time differs from Everything Time.png (29.38 KiB) Viewed 4034 times

(Earlier date/time related oddity, Directories Compare Differently Depending On How Archive Extracted.)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
tukanos

Re: Salamander Time differs from Everything Time

Post by tukanos »

This issue was posted on the Czech part of the forum (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34291&p=58662&hilit=hodiny#p58662). I should be an hour difference.

To quote:
Časy souborů jsou na disku uloženy v UTC. Před zobrazením je potřeba je převést na lokální čas. Zmiňované časy posunuté o hodinu jsou z období zimního času, Salamander je převádí do aktuálního lokálního času, tedy letního. Explorer se chová uživatelsky lépe, převádí čas souboru do lokálního času platného v čase souboru (tedy zimního času pro soubory z prosince a letního pro soubory z dubna). Před Windows 7 se Explorer choval stejně jako Salamander. Opravu mám na seznamu prací, děkuji za připomenutí.
Approximate translation:
Files on drive are saved at UTC. To display correctly the time you need to convert it to local time. AS converts them to current local time - now summer time. Explorer does it differently. It converts the files based on when they were created. The "winter" files are displayed with wintertime and the "summer" files are displayed with summertime thus leading to the hour difference. Before windows 7 Windows Explorer behaved like AS.