Context menu problem with 7-Zip in Salamander

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Nazarene

Context menu problem with 7-Zip in Salamander

Post by Nazarene »

Hi there

I am having a problem with my context menu when I right click on a zip/7z file. I have had this for the last three versions (and possibly longer?) - 2.51, 2.52 and now the last two EAP versions.

When I right click on a zip/7z file in Salamander it doesn't show the 7-Zip context item in the context menu - everything else shows as normal...
When I do the same in Explorer it shows the context menu correctly, with the 7-Zip options there.
Hopefully the image will help me to explain the problem:
SS Problem.jpg
SS Problem.jpg (150.18 KiB) Viewed 6193 times
I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Salamander, uninstalled and reinstalled 7-Zip, with and without Admin priviledges... so I am a bit stuck now...

Any ideas/suggestions will be tried out.
Thanks
10 Year Servant Salamander/Altap Salamander user
Riaan Prinsloo
A .jpg is worth a thousand .txts
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Context menu problem with 7-Zip in Salamander

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hi, it's known x86/x64 conflict, please see http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3749 and vote at http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3597.
Thank you.
ino

Post by ino »

Nazarene wrote: I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Salamander, uninstalled and reinstalled 7-Zip, with and without Admin priviledges... so I am a bit stuck now...
I am running on WXP 32 and context menu looks the same in AS and in Explorer. May be problem of 64bits
Nazarene wrote: A .jpg is worth a thousand .txts
Thats true, just do not use JPG but PNG - see this post: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 696#p15696
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

Until there is a 64-bit version of Altap Salamander, install both versions of 7-zip: 32-bit AND 64-bit. The 64-bit version will be used in native 64-bit Explorer and other 64-bit applications and 32-bit version will be used by 32-bit applications including Altap Salamander or Microsoft Office :)

Installing both 7-Zip versions at the same time is completelly supported method and it will allow Salamander to use 7-Zip shell extension :)
Nazarene

Post by Nazarene »

Zarevak - thank you - that worked perfectly!! :D
A .jpg is worth a thousand .txts