Unpacker: .cbr/.cbz issue

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
otrov

Unpacker: .cbr/.cbz issue

Post by otrov »

I was exited by DN/NDN back in ASCII time, but I must say that this app is all I need and don't go anywhere without it (you know when you get used to some software and when it misses from the system it's just too bad feel :D) so thanks for making it
It has everything I can imagine and it's dirty fast in it tasks
Old windows controls doesn't bother me
OK, I've said it ;)

The reason for joining in here is a minor bug: salamander recognizes .cbr/.cbz files, but when unpacking .cbz (which are ZIP packed) it assumes it's RAR archive

Take care
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Unpacker: .cbr/.cbz issue

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hi, did you change archives associations in AS configuration? Mentioned extension are not associated with archives in the default configuration.
otrov

Re: Unpacker: .cbr/.cbz issue

Post by otrov »

Hey,
I didn't change associations and actually was surprised when I tried unpacking .cbr and it worked, but then many things just work in salamander so I thought it's a feature
It's comic book archive which can me made easily by packing some .jpg files and changing extension to .cbr/.cbz depending of packer

[edit]
Well it's really not big deal, I associated now .cbz with ZIP plugin
.cbr worked as UnRar was by default set as unpacker, silly me :D