Win7 x64: unable to show all files in folders

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
abeneventi

Win7 x64: unable to show all files in folders

Post by abeneventi »

Hello, I use Salamander 2.52 on Windows 7 x64 Enterprise. I've installed TortoiseSVN (latest version).

Now I have this problem: if I go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers using Salamander I see only four folders (and no etc folder). If I use Windows Explorer I see a long list of folders with etc subfolders. I've posted an attachment to show the problem.

Moreover, I cannot see icon overlays from tortoisesvn inside Salamander.

I'm running Salamander as an Administrator.

Can anyone help me?

Best regards

Alessandro
Attachments
folder.png
folder.png (76.98 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Win7 x64: unable to show all files in folders

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Altap Salamander is 32-bit application (you can vote for x64 version) so you need to install 32-bit version of Tortoise SVN on your computer. It works well: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/faq.html#nomenus

We will look at (quick hack) solution for accessing C:\Windows\System32 directory using C:\Windows\Sysnative alias. We hope it will help before native x64 version of Salamander will be released.

Some x64 directories are already accessible from 32-bit applications:
%windir%\system32\catroot
%windir%\system32\catroot2
%windir%\system32\drivers\etc
%windir%\system32\logfiles
%windir%\system32\spool

For browsing these directories with 32-bit Altap Salamander you need to ensure that same directories names exist in %windir%\SysWOW64\ directory.
Please see http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3745