"Make Files List" Command Customization?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
tajmone

"Make Files List" Command Customization?

Post by tajmone »

I would like to create some permanent custom presets for "Commands » Make Files List ..." — ie: some custom string presets for the "Line:" dropdown menu. In the documentation and in "Configuration" I haven't found any references on how to achieve this.

Is it possible? If not, I'd like to make a feature request for this.

For example, I've created a preset that outputs the files list as a markdown bullet list with links to the files:

Code: Select all

- [`$(FileName)`](./$(FileName))$(CRLF)
... which is quite handy when creating projects documentation. But I have a number of variations on this preset as well as other output formats.

I'm not sure how Altap Salamander saves the list of recently used presets for this Command. After saving the configuration and launching a new instance of AS, the last used Line was available in the new instance dropdown, but not on other previously open instances. So it seems like AS is saving these as part of the configuration.

So I've peeked at the registry and found it was saved at:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Altap Salamander 3.08\Configuration\File List History
... as a key named "1".

If I wanted to create some custom presets and share them with others, how should I go about it? If was to export the "File List History" key it would contain all sort of used commands, and they seem to be arbitrarily numbered. My guess is that it can't be done without using some custom code to check the number of entries present in a users "File List History" and generate the presets number accordingly (this also applies to other history-based settings in Altap Salamander).

What would be an easy way to add lots of presets to the "File List History" without overwriting anything?

I think it would be nice to have another menu beside the Line dropdown history and the button on the right for picking variables: a menu to access presets that can be managed (eg: import/export presets) and organized by categories, and stored in a plaintext settings file of sorts and shared with others.
https://github.com/tajmone
th.

Re: "Make Files List" Command Customization?

Post by th. »

I think you should take a look at the automation plugin. There's a sample script for creating a file list (in VBscript and JScript flavour) which you can use as a starting point.
tajmone

Re: "Make Files List" Command Customization?

Post by tajmone »

th. wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 22:40 I think you should take a look at the automation plugin.
Thanks for pointing it out @th.; I hand't looked into it before and from a quick read-through I can see it will allow greater freedom of action and could fulfill my need.

On the other hand, I think that it would nice if there was a built-in way to export/import Altap customizations that are currently saved as numbered history items in the registry; both for sharing them with other as well as a way to manage them.
https://github.com/tajmone